Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Awesomeness at National park

Before you read any further, I have to warn you: this blog post is mostly about personal experience and not so much about journalism. It is also about bragging how awesome my life is. Sorry. 

So it happened that yesterday I went to the research center here at the national park to ask for an interview for my article that I'm writing. And who do they give me? This really sweet guy, who has been to Finland few years ago on an excursion to Lapland national parks. 

When he heard I'm from Finland he arranged to take time from his busy day to take me on a private tour around the awesome forests around the lakes. I got my interview all right!

But that is not all, oh no. Today he arranged two forest rangers (with a car of course) to be at my service (yea, sure, only at my service..) and take me to the restricted primary forests (not open to public). I can assure you that no plants, insects, birds, carnivores, humans or other living creatures were harmed during the tour (although I did scare a snail pretty badly).

My personal rangers together with Finland-loving researcher really made my day. I got more than enough material for my article - plus I got to spend my last day at the park with some awesome people. 




These kind of days make me really happy that I decided to pack my backs and leave Finland. Not that I have ever regretted it. But really, my life is pretty awesome (there, I said it). 

I will not bother you with my non-journalistic nonsense much longer. So, as always, I will end my post with a quote:


"Man tries to act like nature, but nature will always be more powerful than man."
Kresimir Culinovic

 

No comments:

Post a Comment