Sunday, June 26, 2011

Need to have a headline here but can't really think of anything

I have landed on the continent of the Americas - so less exotically I am in the States right now.

Mostly I have been vacationing, so I don't really have smart topics in mind. I have enjoyed the warm summer days, marveled the magnificent Rocky Mountains, hooked up with people I haven't seen in years.

Some of my friends are getting married while others divorced, some have changed jobs or moved, some are pregnant. I've been gone only for few years: it's amazing how life can change.

I wonder what has happened in the lives of my Finnish friends by the time I come to visit?

How much can you actually control what happens? Sure you make the decisions in life, but not all things are controllable. Eventually we are just teeny tiny crumbs in the universe, trying to leave some footprints on this tiny planet (and we're leaving a footprint all right).

If you read this far, you might wonder what my point is (because surely a journalist would always have a point). To be honest I don't have one. I have no idea what I am writing about, I just needed to type something in order to have a new blog post.

Truthfully I have not been thinking about journalism since I left Europe (okay, that's a lie. I even dream about journalism. I meant my blog. Haven't thought about blogging since I left).

Next week I am headed to Mexico, and I am sure that country just boils with interesting topics. So... hang in there (or not).

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
-Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment